Hi everyone today I will write about a build I like in Chile and is the Museum of the memories and the human rights, it’s in Santiago near to Quinta normal Park. I saw it for the first time in my vacations of the summer of 2014, is a modern style of architecture whit a pure volume of a parallelism horizontal in an esplanade. The reason why I like and I considered important it’s I have family which his names and stories is in the museum, I believe in the phrase “A people without memory is a people without a future” is very important to know the past of your country and your family. Also I like the design of the build inside because they make a really god job to shows the truth of the crimes in the time of dictatorship without filter is partial is just the truth of what happens with photos, documentaries, draws, stories and videos. The museum have 4 floors in the underground they have draws of the political prisoners in which they draw his life in prison and the torture the military they make to them, in the first floor is the reception and photos of the facts who happens in Chile reported by other countries, in the second floor I really get emotional because I saw the photos of many disappeared detainees with lights that looked like candles in a large wall and there are also videos of the news of the time that showed how they manipulated the media and in the third floor are a big photo with a page of the newspaper of date 1981 that one had a list of the people who would go back to Chile from the exile and there was the name of my uncle. In terms of architecture I considered minimalism in outside form for the pure rectangle and I like the combined use of concrete and glass.


Comentarios

  1. So interesting, I haven"t went there yet, I gotta do it until the end of the semestre

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

A sport